Monday, August 3, 2009

8-3-09

The US way of navigating a set of steep Swedish stairs.....


Hi everyone,
Today we went shopping in Ludvika and did some sight seeing as well. It was a poop load of work for me to get around on these Swedish crutches. It takes a whole lot of arm strength to use these things, plus my hands are blistering up. I know, I know..... It sucks to be me....
Tonight is just going to be a night of relaxing. We stopped at the liquor for some of Sweden's finest beers and refreshments. Jeff and I will probably be talking fluent Swedish before the night is over...


The pictures I'm posting are in no particular order.


Lake Väsman... That's the city of Ludvika in the background

Finally got Leif away from the camera long enough to get his picture

Taking a break from shopping in downtown Ludvika


Some pastries from a downtown Ludvika cafe

This is another area that overlooks Lake Väsman. Jeff will have some great video footage!







Leif's daughter Rebecca and myself at the Piren marina on Lake Väsman





Leif's wife Ullis and Jeff at the Piren marina on Lake Väsman



Jeff and I with Pompa on Friday. This guy was one cool dude. First he gave Jeff and I the hats that we're wearing then before the racing started he sponsored Jeff and I each with a set of Smith roll-off goggles. Because of a neck injury Pompa was unable to race his HL 500 4-stroke Yamaha.



Rebecca and Isabella on raceday




Leif's 1981 YZ 465



Leif's brother Tommy's 1981 YZ 465 that Jeff rode


Race action! Jeff getting ready to go...



The trill of victory....


The agony of defeat!!!!! In the Linköping hospital.... Way too much fun!
I'm going to change the name of the blog to " Sweden did Dallas"




McDonalds dinner while waiting at the hospital




The track doctor giving me the not so good news...




More race action....






















Joffa.... This guy is fast!!!!!










Tommy Karlsson is very fast as well as one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet....






Jeff... First corner action...






















2 comments:

  1. Hi Dallas....hope You'll have a "speedy" recovery from Your injury. You sure proved that You can ride a motocross bike, I know as I saw it close up (...tried to hang on to Your tail during first practice for class 6 +50 years on Saturday).
    We also spoke briefly a couple of times, I'm the tall (6'6"), bald guy who was riding a '83 Husky 430 painted as an '82 model (Husky's DID lose their charm when they became all white in '83). Hope You'll come back again, bring more friends with You next time if You can.
    Have a safe trip back home!!
    // #121 Jan Fredriksson

    ReplyDelete